Answered

Sonos Arc bass gone, tiny sound, low volume

• 22 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had similar issues?

I bought refurbed Arc 2 months ago and it was perfect, was very impressed with the sound.

Few days ago I noticed the volume level was lower and the sound especially bass was very tiny. That’s on all sources Tv, AirPlay, Apple Music etc. The Arc volume level is much lower now compared to other grouped speakers in the house. It sounds more like TV speakers than the Arc it used to. I am not sure if it happed after one of the updates. Tried to reset but even the sound when the Arc starts is much lower now and when I did last true play the test sounds were much lower as well. I also remember at the beginning the two side firing drivers used to produce quite a lot of bass but not anymore, it’s like they are just playing ambient sound now. Any thoughts? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 September 2023, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +4

I’ve been having similar issues since forever and nothing helps. I tried resetting, replacing cables, running trueplay again, contacting sonos support, unplugging, resetting the tv and everything else. Sometimes i can hear the volume lowering while hearing something. I have no idea why. Sonos is saying the diagnostics look ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mick8 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - if we’re unable to fix it, we’ll look into replacement options for you.

@PG80 - The same advice to you - if the volume is changing, there will be logs saying where the command to change the volume came from. Please submit a support diagnostic the next time it happens, record the given number and relay it to our team when you get in touch.

I hope this helps.