Sonos Arc audio keeps cutting out.

I have a sonos ARC and sound keeps cutting out for 1-2 seconds and then picks back up. My sonos was fine for about 1 week after purchasing but now the sound will cut out periodically. Here is my diagnostics number 103248445. How can I fix this issue?

Ken_Griffiths 1 year ago

Same here. Very aggravating. Diagnostic report 490235596. 

This used to be an issue with some TV’s, particularly with Samsung and connected sound systems using HDMI-ARC/eARC, where other connected peripherals like Apple TV (as an example) tried to steal the CEC focus.

So maybe try disabling CEC on any other connected devices and then power off all for a few minutes to setup the handshake again and see if that perhaps solves the matter.

View original

205 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rich McNabb, thanks for the update. When it says The Arc is offline, it’s either that it is powered off completely or it is offline and not connected to the network. The Sonos Arc can either be connected through Wi-Fi or hardwired via an ethernet cable. For a more reliable connection, if the Sonos Arc is near the router, you can have it directly hardwired and check for any differences or improvements on the issue. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Morning after unplugging, and plugging back in, and sound is cutting in and out  again.  This Arc is replacing a Beam, which never experienced this issue.  

How is the sound quality of the Arc vs the Beam?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Sonos products do seem to be quite sensitive to wireless interference and drop outs can occur. It's advised to run an Ethernet cable into the Sonos arc/playbar/beam to avoid any drop outs 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Sonosnproducts do seem to be quite sensitive to wireless interference and drop outs can occur. It's advised to run an Ethernet cable into the Sonos arc/playbar/beam to avoid any drop outs 

That may be true, but these drop outs have nothing to do with wireless interference, thats just a lame excuse from Sonos to pass the blame.

My dropouts occur at points where I know its not got anything to do with wireless interference, and besides, the ARC is connected via eARC connection, so audio should pass fine, internet drops/interference should not effect a wired connection from tv to sonos arc.

Morning after unplugging, and plugging back in, and sound is cutting in and out  again.  This Arc is replacing a Beam, which never experienced this issue.  

How is the sound quality of the Arc vs the Beam?

Hi Peter,

I hardwired the Arc into the router and then Samsung released an update for the tv which seems to have fixed the cutting in/out issue. We’ve got 15 Sonos products so I’m looking to add a Boost to have it on it’s own network as the Wi-Fi is patchy in certain areas of the house (this happened when I moved the router to be closer to the Arc).

I’ve never owned a beam so can’t provide a comparison between this an the Arc. However, I do really like the sound it produces.

Hope this helps :)

- Rich

I have the same issue. I purchased the Arc a week back. In last couple of days I observed this issue one or two times. But today, its keep happening. Here is the diagnostic report number 394631942.  Really approach a help here. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kapil_Kesavan, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. thanks as well for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, As I checked the report, it shows that the Sonos Arc’s CEC is disabled, Kindly enable it on your TV settings and observe for any improvements after. I saw that you have a Sony TV, check these steps for steps.

Enable ARC and CEC

In the Sony TV's Home menu, go to Sound Settings → Switch Speakers to Audio System

NOTE: The setting above also may be in the Quick Menu or Options Menu, depending on the model of the Sony TV.

You may check this link from Sony for some other steps for Bravia Sync.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Recently purchased an Arc with two ones and sub directly from sonos.  TV is a Sony 4K UHD LED LCD TV.  Connection through eARC.  Sound stops working frequently, as in, two to three times every movie, show, etc.  Would appreciate any help - submitted diagnostic report #1479701409.  Thank you.

Hi @Kapil_Kesavan, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. thanks as well for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, As I checked the report, it shows that the Sonos Arc’s CEC is disabled, Kindly enable it on your TV settings and observe for any improvements after. I saw that you have a Sony TV, check these steps for steps.

Enable ARC and CEC

In the Sony TV's Home menu, go to Sound Settings → Switch Speakers to Audio System

NOTE: The setting above also may be in the Quick Menu or Options Menu, depending on the model of the Sony TV.

You may check this link from Sony for some other steps for Bravia Sync.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon, Thanks for your response. I checked with Sony Customer Care and ensured CEC is enabled. But after that also couple of times i faced the sound cutting out issue. Here is the new diagnostic report 1990753681. Appreciate your help in fixing this issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Was playing on my series x last night when audio decided to just completely drop for no reason, had a hard time getting it back as well.

I was using uncompressed 5.1 at the time.

Backed out to dash on xbox and tried different formats, like stereo uncompressed, bitstream dolby, all worked, uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 gave no audio.

To me this is an eARC issue, either on the sonos or LG CX or both.

It’s getting so annoying, Sonos need to work together with all the major TV manufacturers to sort these issues out.

eARC is not fit for purpose, in its current state.

Reposting with additional information due to no response from Sonos:

Recently purchased an Arc with two ones and sub directly from Sonos.  TV is a brand new Sony 4K UHD LED LCD TV (XBR75X90CH/C).  Connection through eARC.  Sound stops working frequently, as in, two to three times every movie, show, etc.  Would appreciate any help - submitted diagnostic report #1479701409.  

Connected with support through App, and after two and half hours, no resolution for issue found.  Sonos Arc continues to disconnect multiple times per day.  Per support’s recommendations, we changed cable  out for a different HDMI 2.1 cable with no resolution.  System rebooted, shut down, etc multiple times.

For clarification, the Sonos Arc is connected directly to the eARC on the TV and the TV is hardwired to a Google Nest Router.  There are no other items connected to the TV.  

I have to say, this is my first experience with Sonos and I am legitimately disappointed.  A system that costs almost $2k should not have this type of problem right out of the box.  

Hi. I am having the same issue of the arc cutting in/out intermittently.  My diagnostic number is 688127900, would be grateful for any input.  

Hi,

I purchased a Sonos Ars soundbar 5 months ago and I really disappointed!!!

This cutting-off issue makes me crazy and it's unbelievable that it's unsolved for more than 5 months!!!

It should be the high-end soundbar of Sonos but it feels like a cheap Chinese copy or something.

I really can't explain to myself why I bought this wannabe “cutting-edge” product if I need to unplug it from power every time I want to use it.

Really disappointed!

Its going worse from day to day!!!

SONOS solve this issue!!!!! Its unbelievable.

Every time I want to sit and watch a TV i need first off all unplug from power this **** soundbar. Im giving it one more week to be solved before i will sell this fake to premium product

Can Sonos please help ?

@Simon B - Any updates pls?

Hi,

I got the Sonos Arc+Sub last week and like everyone else here, have also been running into issues with the soundbar cutting out.  For me, it’ll cut out for about 10 seconds before restarting itself and resuming.

My diagnostic confirmation number is 462721318.

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a Sonos Ars soundbar 5 months ago and I really disappointed!!!

This cutting-off issue makes me crazy and it's unbelievable that it's unsolved for more than 5 months!!!

It should be the high-end soundbar of Sonos but it feels like a cheap Chinese copy or something.

I really can't explain to myself why I bought this wannabe “cutting-edge” product if I need to unplug it from power every time I want to use it.

Really disappointed!

Its going worse from day to day!!!

SONOS solve this issue!!!!! Its unbelievable.

Every time I want to sit and watch a TV i need first off all unplug from power this **** soundbar. Im giving it one more week to be solved before i will sell this fake to premium product

Nothing? Any update? promise? What going on? Are you a premium company or what? 

The soundbar is disconnected from the TV for about a week now, Im being pissed off about this issue and don't want to work around it anymore. WHEN IT WILL BE SOLVED?????? 

It happens every time I turn on my Samsung Q90 TV.

Diagnostic number: 1396334532

Another one: 1902544873

Another one: 1902544873

Another one: 1069433248

Another one - Samsung Q90 with Arc... Cut out issues from any Dolby Atmos signal, no issues with Sky HD but issues from Xbox Series X, Netflix app etc.

Are Sonos going to accept they may have an issue here rather than keep asking users to turn it off and on again? It's an intermittent issue and only on this specific signal source.

Diag: 1569354547

I have been having this same issue with a new Sonos Arc (owned for about a month). Intermittent cutting out on any programming that we watch directly from the TV or through the Apple TV.

Sonos Arc connected to 2020 Samsung The Frame 65 inch

Diagnostic: 2033333364

I have been having this same issue with a new Sonos Arc (owned for about a month). Intermittent cutting out on any programming that we watch directly from the TV or through the Apple TV.

Sonos Arc connected to 2020 Samsung The Frame 65 inch

Diagnostic: 2033333364

I would perhaps also keep an eye out for TV firmware updates from Samsung in relation your matter. I understand they have acknowledged some issues with some models and (hopefully) issuing some updates to fix them at their end. 

Hi, the same issue with Sonos Arc and Samsung the Frame 2020. I did everything that was suggested in previous posts. Problem still exist. Please help.

diagnostic report number: 833712213

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @BartMalami, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community, and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue with your Sonos Arc. I checked and can’t see any issue detected on your Sonos Arc. If you’ve already filled and tried the troubleshooting steps advised above and the issue persists. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.    

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.