Sonos Arc audio keeps cutting out.

I have a sonos ARC and sound keeps cutting out for 1-2 seconds and then picks back up. My sonos was fine for about 1 week after purchasing but now the sound will cut out periodically. Here is my diagnostics number 103248445. How can I fix this issue?

Ken_Griffiths 1 year ago

Same here. Very aggravating. Diagnostic report 490235596. 

This used to be an issue with some TV’s, particularly with Samsung and connected sound systems using HDMI-ARC/eARC, where other connected peripherals like Apple TV (as an example) tried to steal the CEC focus.

So maybe try disabling CEC on any other connected devices and then power off all for a few minutes to setup the handshake again and see if that perhaps solves the matter.

View original

205 replies

Hi Simon, I just sent another diagnostics over, the code is 2060929079.

The speaker is connected to the eARC port of my 2020 Samsung The Frame television. I have the eARC setting on the TV turned off because when it is set to Auto, i get zero sound whatsoever. 

These sound issues apply to all the content i’m trying to watch so it’s not related to a particular streaming service. 

Really need some information on what is going on here. Should i just return the speaker?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @redel, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking the diagnostic report. I can’t see any issues with the Sonos Arc. there is a Wireless Interference being detected that could cause this issue. Kindly check this link about reducing wireless Interference for reference. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I’m still having to restart the speaker every time i use it to prevent the sound from cutting in and out. Is there someone i can speak with about this? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @redel, thanks for the update. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. You may call our phone support team for further assistance on your concern. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

After a month of the sound working without cutting out, the issue started again this afternoon.  Diagnostics number: 1078195634.

Hoping to hear a fix is coming soon on the issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Morning after unplugging, and plugging back in, and sound is cutting in and out  again.  This Arc is replacing a Beam, which never experienced this issue.  

Badge

Until there is a definitive solution from Sonos that works across all TV brands, I have found the best solution is to “downgrade” to the optical adapter and give up Atmos, or try a dedicated streaming box such as Roku Ultra or Nvidia Shield TV Pro. I am currently getting good results with Roku Ultra but if it fails within my return period then I will move on to trying the Nvidia. 

I would have added Apple TV 4K to the list but it seems a lot of people are having problems with that one too. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Until there is a definitive solution from Sonos that works across all TV brands, I have found the best solution is to “downgrade” to the optical adapter and give up Atmos, or try a dedicated streaming box such as Roku Ultra or Nvidia Shield TV Pro. I am currently getting good results with Roku Ultra but if it fails within my return period then I will move on to trying the Nvidia. 

I would have added Apple TV 4K to the list but it seems a lot of people are having problems with that one too. 

I think this is probably a nice fix for some, but after attempting, the optical connection is not able to control the volume.  It seems the Samsung remote is not IR, so it will not pair with the Arc.  

So we sit and wait for a fix, and reseting the Arc is not a solution.

I’ve been experiencing this as well.  Audio cuts out for a second every 3 seconds.  Only thing that resolves it is power cycling the Arc and then it works for a day or so.  Changing settings on the Samsung or power-cycling the Samsung sometimes fixes the problem (although usually not) but the only thing that works every time is power cycling the Arc.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi to everyone. thanks for reaching out. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding this issue, we are closely monitoring this concern about the Sonos Arc Audio crop outs issue. If you’ve done all possible troubleshooting steps above on this thread then I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  Also, @khaz22, I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking, I can't see any issues with your Sonos Arc. it is connected through pass-thru and there’s one thing that I’ve noticed here is the Codec shows Silence. I’ll suggest you can contact as well our phone support team for further troubleshooting if all basic troubleshooting has been done. 

I just bought the Sonos arc yesterday and the sound keeps cutting in and out. I have already disconnected the power and HDMI from both ends. Diagnostic code is 1192403593.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @chdpowell, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking on the diagnostic report, all seems good except for the Codec status which shows Silence. Also, Is it happening on all contents like music and TV? and is it randomly happening? Regarding this issue, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may check for other options regarding this concern. 

Hi,

I’m having the same issue as everyone in this thread. I have a 2020 Samsung Q80T. Please your help. My diagnostics confirmation number is: 1819841910.

I’m dealing with the same issues. Cuts out for a few seconds, or for longer. I have to turn my TV off and on again, or some times it fixes itself after a few seconds. It only does it when connected to my TV via HDMI and ARC. My diagnostic is 874047533

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @crodarte, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking it shows that the ARC status is disabled. on your Sonos Arc. Kindly unplug the cable from the TV and from the Sonos Arc for 1-2 minutes. and make sure the CEC setting is enabled on the TV.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @michaelback, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from.  I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking it shows that there are Audio dropouts detected on the Sonos Arc. Kindly check this link about TV audio stops and skips for some troubleshooting steps.

Same issue here diagnostic report submitted 1426112764. Power cycling via unplugging generally fixes it for the day. Tried a few different HDMI cables. Connected to a Samsung frame issue persists on any app: Spotify, YouTube, Netflix, YoutubeTv or playing direct from an iPhone so seems unrelated to source and unpredictable. Some weeks no issue. Some weeks it's everyday. 

Hi All,

Similar problem. Sonos Arc connected to my Samsung Q95T via the eARC port. Every now and then when I turn my TV on, which also turns on the Sonos Arc, the audio output will go silent every few seconds for a couple of seconds. 

Like others, I pull the power to the Sonos Arc and put it back in. That fixes it for a couple of days, after which the problem crops up again. 

Ive submitted diagnostic report 704742872. 

Thanks,

Kristian

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rfitz, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thank you also for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking on the diagnostic information. i can’t see any issues with your Sonos Arc. and since you’ve done some troubleshooting steps. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kristijan, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thank you also for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. As I check the diagnostic information it shows that there is wireless interference being detected on the player. Kindly check this link about reducing wireless interference on Sonos. thanks for trying to do the unplug and replug of the Arc from the power source. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

Hi @Kristijan, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thank you also for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. As I check the diagnostic information it shows that there is wireless interference being detected on the player. Kindly check this link about reducing wireless interference on Sonos. thanks for trying to do the unplug and replug of the Arc from the power source. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me. Can I clarify something with you? I’m able to get a physical network cable to my ARC, but not to my SUB, which is on the other side of the room without a network port.

Am I able to run a network cable into the ARC, and disable the wireless network, but still connect to the SUB wirelessly? I seem to have issues trying to do that.

What I did do while I had the ARC physically cabled into the network, was change the wireless channel that was being used from 1 to 11 (as I’m unable to do it on the network route/access point that I have). So I’ll see if this makes any difference. With no way of being able to reproduce the problem, it’ll just be a matter of if the problem reoccurs.

Regards,

Kristian

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kristijan, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. About your concern, You may observe the connections for now after changing the Sonosnet channels from 1 to 11. If the issue persists, let us know. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

Hi @Kristijan, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. About your concern, You may observe the connections for now after changing the Sonosnet channels from 1 to 11. If the issue persists, let us know. 

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, changing from 1 to 11 has made the problem reoccur more frequently. I’ll try the other wireless channel that’s available and see if that produces any better results.

Are you able to clarify my question from before? Am I able to run a network cable into the ARC, and disable the wireless network, but still connect to the SUB wirelessly? I seem to have issues trying to do that.

Regards,

Kristian

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kristijan, thanks for the update. About your question about having the Sonos Arc hardwired but disabling the wireless on it. The Sonos Sub needs to be hardwired either to the router or to the Sonos Arc to have it working, that is if you will disable the wireless capability on the Sonos Arc. 

The Sonos community is always here to help.

I’m having the same issues, I have a Samsung Q90T 2020 tv and experience the audio cutting out every 20 to 30 seconds. Below is my diagnostic report:

Any help would be appreciated but I have tried most of the steps listed in previous posts...