Answered

Sonos Arc and One's - Use as a multi room group but from TV output?

• 12 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I have an Arc and 2x one's that I have connected to a surround set-up. Working fine. What I am looking for is the option, on occasion, to place one of the One's in a separate room, and still have the same audio coming from my tv playing at the proper volume capability the One can do, instead of the 'surround' setting. Therefore, to put it basically, how can I set it so my Arc and 2x One's are playing the audio all at a normal level, and not at the 'surround' set-up (sorry if that's bloody confusing)

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 12 March 2021, 16:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There isn’t really any good way to do this.  Yes, you can setup Sonos speakers as a separate room, then use Sonos grouping function to play the TV audio in this separate room.  However, removing your Ones as surround speakers, setting them up as a new room, and trueplay tuning them each time...is not a 30 second job.

If you’re looking to get TV audio in a different room on a regular basis, I would strongly considering just buying another speaker or two.  

There isn’t really any good way to do this.  Yes, you can setup Sonos speakers as a separate room, then use Sonos grouping function to play the TV audio in this separate room.  However, removing your Ones as surround speakers, setting them up as a new room, and trueplay tuning them each time...is not a 30 second job.

If you’re looking to get TV audio in a different room on a regular basis, I would strongly considering just buying another speaker or two.  

Thanks for the info - If I were to get an additional speaker, how would I set up the speaker to be used as a multi-room one with output from the TV?
(Alternatively, what is the process to set the 2xOne’s I have as being able to do this full time?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos supports a feature called Group. It allows the same source to be played to all devices in the group - so for example you can send the TV source to the new One’s in the second room. Note there will be a 70msec delay on the TV (only) signal to the other room(s) but unless you’re in a position where you can hear the Arc and the One at the same time and at about the same volume it shouldn’t matter. I use this feature a lot to listen to the tv program when I’m in the kitchen.

Thanks so much!

This has worked! For anyone who may view this topic looking for how-to..

First, unpair the surround set-up.
On the app, click the 4 vertical lines at the bottom…
On the options that appear, one will be the Arc, select the little square on the right.
Then add the other speakers (might be listed as rooms) to the that group.
All speakers should then output the TV.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the info - If I were to get an additional speaker, how would I set up the speaker to be used as a multi-room one with output from the TV?
(Alternatively, what is the process to set the 2xOne’s I have as being able to do this full time?)

You got the answer for grouping already.  To remove the surrounds…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4803?language=en_US

After done, the removed speakers should automatically show as a new room.  You can then go to that rooms configuration to name it, trueplay tune it, etc.