Skip to main content

Hello !

I'm new to the Sonos world and plan to build a system based on Sonos Arc with Ikea symfonisk bookshelf (1) + frame (1) as rear speakers for design/price reason.

I can't exactly know if that would be possible to use those 2 different symfonisk speakers as rear.

I found some forum thread mentioning it won't (because they're 2 different models) and some others were it should be ok according to the official guide here, bookshelf and frame are part of the same symfonisk product line ("related models can be used together"): https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4807?language=en_US

Is there anyone already with a similar setup who can help me figure out what is really possible ? Would be really helpful for my future choices :)

Thanks a lot !

From the Ikea Symfonisk manual:

Adding surround speakers
You can easily pair two speakers, such as two PLAY:5s, with a Sonos home theatre product to function as left and right surround channels in your Sonos surround sound experience. You can either configure surround speakers during the setup process or follow the steps below to add them.
Make sure the Sonos products are the same—you cannot combine an SYMFONISK bookshelf and an SYMFONISK table lamp to function as surround speakers. Be sure to follow these instructions to set up your surround speakers. Do not create a room group or stereo pair as these will not achieve the left and right surround channel functionality.

Thanks for the details !