Answered

Sonos Arc and 2020 Samsung Qled audio sync issues

• 18 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Good morning everyone,

I recently received the brand new Sonos Arc and I am currently having issues with lip sync when using any external player.

My setup is as follows:

Sonos Arc connected to Earc HDMI port

Xbox one X connected to gaming HDMI port

Tv set to pass through

Xbox set to HDMI out Dolby Digital for home theater.

Both HDMI cables are 8K rated and brand new

Is there a setting I am messing up along the line? 

I had thought that the HDMI 2.1 Earc port was meant to resolve all of these issues. I would love to keep this product as its perfect for my setup but the audio sync issue is a deal breaker!!

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by MoeR 23 June 2020, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MoeR,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for allowing us to help with your concern.

I would like to share to you some guides and troubleshooting steps to make sure everything is followed correctly.

Please Let us know how it goes. If all the above guides and tips have been followed and still the issue re-occurs, please submit a diagnostic while the issue is re-occuring and here’s how. We’l’re always ready to help and lend a hand.

Thanks,

I saw the guide posts. There is no issue on the hardware side of things. 

I believe I am have actually resolved the issue. In the Samsung tv settings the default setting is to add a audio delay off 100. I changed that delay to 0 as well I ensured my delay in the app was zero and I have for the most resolved the audio issue. 

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MoeR,

Great news. It seems that you have fixed the issue through audio sync on the TV settings and on the Sonos app.

Please feel free to reach out if you still have any other concerns. We’ll be more than happy to assist you anytime.

Thanks,

Samsung TV / Arc sync delay issue RESOLVED.  I had the same issue described above and took the advice of MoeR.  I went to the settings in my 2015 Samsung TV and changed Audio Delay to 0, from the default setting of 30. On my Samsung TV the command string is Menu/Sound/Digital audio /Audio delay. I set Audio Delay to 0. Then I went into the Sonos app and set the Sonos delay to 0 as well.  This solved the problem. Now everything is in sync.