Answered

Sonos ARC 5.1 audio dropping out

• 6 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 16 replies

Hi just replaced my living room playbase with the arc. I haven't had any problems previously but now anytime I'm watching TV the audio starts dropping out with a short static sound. Seems to be coming from the arc and rears. This happens while watching Netflix, prime, Vudu, and Plex. But does not happen if streaming tidal or yt music. 

I have a Samsung q75 2018 

Arc / gen 2 sub / 2 ones. 

I use 2019 Nvidia shield to watch everything. 

Shield to HDMI 1 on TV. Arc to hdmi4 arc port on TV. 

I've looked at the network matrix and it's all green. But I don't know much else about that. 

I have unifi network, I only have 1 Sonos hardwired. 

Please help!

Diag 778910189

I've rebooted my network and all Sonos a few times. Re-tuned a few times. Swapped cables. Made sure all firmware is up to date. 

icon

Best answer by Darbos 7 July 2020, 22:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +3

EDIT: Forgot to add I have changed sonosnet channels as well.

Badge +3

I just got it fixed, I turned tuning off and it was fine...

So after retuning about 6 or 7 times with my iPad (the newest one, I don't own iPhone) nothing worked. I had my dad come over tried his iPhone xs same issues. I then tried his wife's iPhone...same model, xs. It is working now, with tuning.

Badge +3

I spoke to soon.  same problems...ugh.

ANother diag...791138544

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi@Darbos, thanks for reaching out and submitting the diagnostics. So you’ve tried playing music using the Sonos app and its fine? Because if it's only happening with TV, we need to check the connections between Sonos ARC and TV. I’m seeing that it’s losing the connection, is it all happening to all sources on your TV? Have you tried them all? Maybe you’d need to check the HDMI if it's tightly connected if you can try a different HDMI as well. Let us know if this helps. 

Badge +3

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I worked with your phone team yesterday and they were able to diagnose the issue and help. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I worked with your phone team yesterday and they were able to diagnose the issue and help. 

Nice to hear that. Just let us know if you need anything.