sonos amp: surround + wired speakers

• 23 December 2020
  • 4 replies

If I set up two Play:1 speakers as surround speakers to an Amp - can I then use Airplay 2 to play music over them? I think this is the case?

My question is will the Amp always play music out of speakers hard-wired to it, when playing out of the surround speakers? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes it will, but you should be able to turn the volume down in the settings from  the app, so you would only hear the  Play:1's.

Thanks - I just seem to have one universal setting for volume, that controls both the wired speaker and the Play:1s that are surrounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You need to go further into settings:

My system is in Dutch, but this is what it looks like. Now I look at it I’m not sure you can turn the Amp completely down.

Thanks man - I tried it and it was one setting for all - between the surround speakers and the wired speaker… I think best bet is to group the non-airplay speakers with ones that do have it, and reconfigure which ones live where! Thanks again.