Answered

Sonos AMP + outdoor speakers + Apple TV —> projector

• 10 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 7 replies
I’m looking to upgrade my outdoor audio and hope to integrate it to my outdoor theater setup. My goal is to use the new AMP to power my new outdoor speakers but I would also like to use this new speaker setup as the audio for my projector. The problem I see is getting the video to the projector and audio to the AMP with a new AppleTV being the source.

My Epson EX9200 projector unfortunately does not have any outputs and only inputs and the new AppleTVs don’t have the optical out like they used to so what would be the best way to get this all working?

TIA,
Daniel
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 April 2019, 04:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Get an external HDMI switch, which has an optical output and extract the sound from the video before you send it to the projector. You'd probably need to get the optional optical to HMDI-ARC device from Sonos here:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/optical-audio-adapter.html

This would convert the optical signal from the HDMI switch so you could get it into the Sonos Amp.
Badge
Thanks Bruce! If anyone has any suggestions on a great switch/extractor, please let me know. The J-Tech one I've been using stopped working after a short time so was hoping to not have to use one again 😞
There is a lot of discussion around these devices in the Home Theater section of this forum, you might want to do some reading there for posts from people who have purchased one that works better than the one you ended up with.