Sonos Amp - low center channel

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello Sonos and user!

I have a Sonos Amp as home theatre system. It sound great in stereo but the voices are some time too low and sound effect too high. I need to adjust the volume to hear the dialog and to keep the sound effect on a bearable level. I have been playing around with the eq, dialogue enchantment button, night mode, max level, surround settings but it don’t solve the problem. The sound is really magnificent but I find the Voices are actual easier to hear from the tv speakers. 

I have B&W cdm1 se as front speakers,  2xOne as surrounds and no Sub. The cdm1 are about 20 years old and are precursor to B&w 706 2s. I use Nexflix and Viaplay to streaming movies. Tv Samsung 49q7 

Is it possible to raise the centre channel level to enhance the dialog? Or any thing else I can do? Change front speakers? 

Or should  I lock else where for the tv sound? Sonos Arc? 

/Johan 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Since you are limited to two front channel speakers with the Sonos Amp, the Amp produces a “phantom” center channel which will obviously never sound as good as an actual center channel speaker. You could upgrade your B&W speakers or go with a Sonos Arc or Beam that both have a dedicated center channel driver. I have the Arc and I think it does a tremendous job with dialog.