Question

Sonos Amp & In-ceiling speakers + Sunbrite TV Not connecting

• 5 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I recently installed 4 Sonos In-Ceiling speakers which are hooked up to two Sonos Amps and am trying to hook it up to a brand new outdoor SunBrite TV. 

FR & FL to one amp (which I’m trying to hardwire the TV to)

RR & RL to the other amp.

My problem is that I’m not getting sound from the speakers with anything that I do. 

HDMI ARC → CEC On. Sonos App is saying that TV model is not recognized and won’t connect

Audio Cables from amp to back of TV → Sonos App recognizes the connection and I rename it, but still no sound from the speakers. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. Been at this for a few hours. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is the cable connected to the back of the TV connected to a standard HDMI port, or one that is specifically labeled as ARC?

Is the cable connected to the back of the TV connected to a standard HDMI port, or one that is specifically labeled as ARC?

It’s connected to the ARC port which for some reason is HDMI 2 on this TV. “TV not recognized” 

Also connected it to HDMI 1 to just make sure but that didn’t work either. 

Hmm, that is odd. I can see several distinct possibilities.

First, I’d double check that the software is updated on this TV. It’s possible that the version of CEC is older, and needs updating.

Next, I’d try a different cable. It’s possible the HDMI cable in use is pre HDMI 1.4, and is incapable of carrying the necessary data. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, cables aren’t often labeled, so you, as the consumer, has little chance of identifying which version of HDMI it supports. If you feel the need to purchase a new cable, look for HDMI 2.1 compliance. 

Next, I’d try turning off CEC (which is the container for ARC) on the TV, then turning it back on. I’ve found that in some situations, a toggle works, and certainly shouldn’t hurt. 

Finally, I’d try a simple reboot of the TV itself, by unplugging it from power for two minutes (not just turning it off with a remote or power button), and then plugging it back in.