Question

Sonos Amp/Ceiling Speakers Connect Wirelessly to Sound Bar/TV for Surround Sound?

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am looking to setup a surround sound system using a Sonos sound bar (connected directly to TV) combined with third-party ceiling speakers for the rear sound. I current have a Connect:Amp wired for the ceiling speakers, but am under the impression it will not work with a sound bar without connecting the bar directly through ethernet to the router or the Connect:Amp. The setup/locations of my devices prevents this.

So my question is if I purchased the newer Sonos Amp, will I be able to wirelessly pair it to a Sonos sound bar (that is connected to the TV)? If so, which sound bar would I need?

And is there a specific method of connection between the TV and that Sonos sound bar that I would need so that I can control all the speakers (including the ceilings ones) through a single remote?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The Amp does not require hard wiring. That applies whether you get a Beam or an Arc.

The Arc and Amp would form a single 'room' in the Sonos App so music would play through everything. You can choose to have the ceiling speakers play in FULL or AMBIENT mode.

The TV connects to the soundbar by HDMI.