Question

Sonos Amp

• 6 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Is it possible to connect both my Sonos Beam and two hard wired speakers to my Amp for surround sound purposes whilst at the same time using the same Amp to connect to 2 separate hard wired speakers (just to play music through them but not wanting them to play the surround sound from the tv)? Or does they require 2 Amps?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Middzy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some information and FAQ to help out.

Is it possible to connect both my Sonos Beam and two hard wired speakers to my Amp for surround sound purposes? Yes this is possible as also discussed on this guide on Set up Connect:Amp as surround speakers.

whilst at the same time using the same Amp to connect to 2 separate hard wired speakers (just to play music through them but not wanting them to play the surround sound from the tv)? Or does they require 2 Amps? No, It is not possible. Once the Sonos Amp is added/bonded to a Sonos Home theater as surrounds, It cannot play independent music without the main Sonos Home theater speaker playing the same music being played as the Sonos Amp cannot be chosen to play music separately. You would need to remove surrounds to be able to play music without the main Sonos Home theater being involved. Yes, you would neeed 2 Sonos Amp to be able to play music separately with your other non-Sonos/traditional speaker.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be here to help.

Thanks,