Answered

Sonos 1 stopped working

• 12 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello. I have two Sonos One - kitchen and study. They have both stopped being recognised by both mobile (iPhone), and laptop (MacBook Pro), apps. Currently they are redundant yet only 16 months old. No reply from Sonos customer care nor the CEO link on the help pages. All other items (Beam; 5 and Play 1’s in living room), working OK. I’d appreciate your thoughts.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 18 October 2020, 14:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

What is the status light showing?  Can you temporarily connect the two Sonos Ones to your router via a cable and check for updates?

Thanks. I have connected one. Is the update auto or do I have to fetch it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks. I have connected one. Is the update auto or do I have to fetch it?

Please check for updates manually. Also, can you confirm if the device is now visible in the Sonos App?

Thanks for your help. It all seems to be working now with iOS 14. Best wishes. PS, Sonos customer service are f*&^%$ useless.

Didn’t last long. Gone again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Didn’t last long. Gone again. 

Can you check out my post Here 

Thanks for this. It is an effort to get 5 people to put an average of three devices/items to sleep whilst I switch off the router and then connect again one by one. It seems to have worked. Three days now and the app is working on OS and iOS 14. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your efforts and advice.