Answered

Sonos 1 and Samsung Soundbar

• 30 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I want to buy a pair of Sonos 1 speakers and have read that they can be used as “a pair as rear home cinema surrounds with Playbar, Playbase, or Beam”

I’ve just bought a Samsung Q60T smart TV together with a Q60T 360W 5.1 Channel Soundbar. The Soundar is connected to the TV from a ‘HDMI to TV’ port and the Sub woofer is connected by bluetooth. The Soundbar also has another HDMI port and a USB and Optical-in ports.

I don’t have a Playbar, Playbase, or Beam and I wondered whether I would be able to use the Sonos 1 speakers at the same time (ie as rear speakers) as the Samsung Soundbar?

The TV can output sound to external bluetooth speakers but I’m not sure if it will output to wi-fi speakers and if it does, I wouldn’t think it would be possible at the same time as the Soundbar because the Soundbar is an option on it’s own.

Is there a way to connect Sonos 1 to the Samsung Soundbar?

Thanks,

Dave (aka Grandad)

icon

Best answer by John B 30 November 2020, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sorry no that is not possible.  It needs Sonos software on all speakers. 

Thank you John B. I will still get some speakers but now I won't be disappointed when I tried to link them.

I appreciate your answer.

Dave