Smart TV application

• 5 September 2012
  • 42 replies

Can you make a Sonos application for smart-tv? I'm using Sonos Connect in the living room and it would be very nice to get it on the TV (Got a Samsung UE55ES6805). I know a lot of people who chose Apple TV instead of Sonos just because of this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

42 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Is this planned or not planned? You leave +1 ideas as status-neutral for over a week, but kill off +5 ideas after six hours, labeling them Not Planned. Not exactly taking your customer feedback seriously on this platform.
I also have a Samsung Smart TV and will only buy Sono if I can use it through the TV....... I can't seem to find a straight answer. Is it a yes or a no?
I would like support for LG TVs also.
Userlevel 1
Google TV app would be cool
Thats a must and basically in every future TV. So it is stupid to not realice it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
lets have this feature please, samsung STV here too
Badge +1
Samsung Smart TV App would be great!
Yes Samsung Smart TV app is a no brainer.
Smart TV+1 I suggested a new Sonos centerpiece (Jukebox), with possible multimedia (movies), so a Smart TV app would be excellent ...
The lack of a line-in for more general use or app for TVs makes the speakers worthless.
Userlevel 2
Would be great to hear some sort of official response to this suggestion
Userlevel 2
Would be great to hear some sort of official response to this suggestion
What's the point in ASK.Sonos if the questions remained UNANSWERED?

Respect your customers and answer the question?
Samsung Smart TV app please to work with Sonos Play:3. All connected to the same network, shouldn't be difficult!
+1 for Samsung smart tv app. 
What are the plans of Sonos about the Controller with respect to Smart TV.

I need a controller app for Sony TVs please.
Badge +1
I have recently spoken to Sonos and highlighted the lack of smart tv application. They said there are many boundaries to overcome before an app is launched and to suggest it in their forum. Having read many forums I replied to them saying that there are many people asking for the same thing and that 'Ask Sonos' is never answered. A few days later Sonos replied agreeing with me that their forum is unanswered and hd not been aware of the number of people asking for a smart tv app. They have assured me they will look into getting a response and that the app is something in future. Watch this space!!!
+1 for LG TV app
+1 for LG TV app

Agreed...an app for LG TV would be great
Badge +1
I agree, the two most popular smart tv's are LG and Samsung. Both have very similar apps such as Spotify. It would be great to get Sonos on the tv to tie in with any music or sound ouput - get rid of cables and output sound wirelessly or use the app as a central hub for your sonos music.
I have recently spoken to Sonos and highlighted the lack of smart tv application. They said there are many boundaries to overcome before an app is launched and to suggest it in their forum. Having read many forums I replied to them saying that there are many people asking for the same thing and that 'Ask Sonos' is never answered. A few days later Sonos replied agreeing with me that their forum is unanswered and hd not been aware of the number of people asking for a smart tv app. They have assured me they will look into getting a response and that the app is something in future. Watch this space!!!
This is a must need.  Getting the Sonos bar to sync sound with a Samsung smart TV is a bloody nightmare!!!!
Userlevel 2
+1 for LG TV app
I also need this app
Badge
+1 smart TV app, I'm not fussed about TV, but like Plex app on Samsung so you can play your music collection from the TV. 
I could not agree more.  If Sonos doesnt do this with Samsung you can be sure Samsung will do this for their own Wifi stereo system which competes with Sonos.  If I was Sonos -- I would want to do this quickly. 
+1 for samsung smart tv app for controlling sonos