Answered

Shortcuts for surround speakers

• 28 March 2018
  • 6 replies

I have a TV room containing a Playbar, Sub and Surrounds. When watching movies the Surrounds are on Ambient, but when I listen to music I switch the Surrounds to Full. Is there a quick way to make this switch rather than going through the laborious process of Settings>Room settings>(Room)>Advanced audio>Surround settings>Music playback each time?
icon

Best answer by Chris 28 March 2018, 19:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No, but it's a great suggestion. A single press to get to the equalise would be welcome too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
To be honest I don't know what difference the "Full" setting makes to listening to TV audio. My own sense is that the effect is when listening to music from a "normal" source rather than TV and setting to the "Ambient" setting won't have an effect on how the Playbar handles TV audio

I stand to be corrected
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Full mode has no effect on anything from tv (toslink). In full mode the rears still play as surrounds when watching tv.

When listening to actual music from Sonos itself the rear speakers then become full stereo speakers. So it autoswitches.
It doesn't autoswitch for me. When listening to music the speakers are still on Ambient. They need to be manually switched to Full to get that wonderful room-filling sound, otherwise it sounds as though the music is simply coming from the Playbar - which sounds very thin.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The full setting is under Sonos setting... room settings...playbar room... advanced surround options.
Once you set to full mode leave it in full mode. Don’t put it back to ambient. When in full mode watching tv will be ambient no matter what the setting. There is no reason to take it back out of full mode ever.
Excellent - solved my problem. Many thanks.