Question

Short Playbar power cable?

• 17 September 2017
  • 2 replies

In order to wall mount my playbar (and meet fire code) I need to buy a very short power bar that will fit between the playbar and the recessed wall outlet. The total length would ideally be 1ft or at max 2ft.
Although the playbar uses a standard looking 'figure eight' on one end, it fits quite deep and the only short power cables I've found don't fit (even though they look like they will)

Sonos support have previously pointed me to the 'flexson' brand. However they don't sell anything short with a US 'head' on it.

Has anyone managed to find a really short power cable that works with the playbar?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello mattnz, you would be looking for a C7 power cable. Sonos doesn't recommend any third party cable, but you should be able to find one of the correct size for your needs.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Something like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omilik-6ft-AC-Polarized-Power-Cord-Cable-Lead-for-IEC-C7-Polarized-to-NEMA-1-15P-/222542985885?epid=5004476004&hash=item33d0987a9d:g:magAAOSwi8VZPfDE