Setup for both surround sound and turntable in same room

• 26 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi all,
I hope some of you clever guys can help me with some input on how to set up a Sonos system, that will be great at booth playing stereo music from my turntable as well as sorrundsound from my TV.

So there's two areas to address here:

Sound from turntable in living room:
I want The best possible stereo sound from my turntable. Therefore I am thinking about connecting it to a Sonos connect and then into a stereo amplifier and then into some floor speakers. Having a connect in the middle enables me to send the sound to the rest of the house, and having a amp connected to larger floor speakers ensures good sound in the room

Surround sound from tv in living room:
I have a tv connected to an Apple tv. I can then connect it to a sound bar that is on the Sonos Network so I can have booth a sub and rear speakers connected.

In the attached image I have tried to sketch out setup that might be able to do it, but I'm not sure this is the best way, or if there is a better way.

What do you think of this, am I on the right path? What have you done?

Best regards,
René

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not a bad concept. I'm assuming that it's a Sonos SUB, which will be connected to the PLAYBAR, and not the Amp. That will give you 5.1 surround sound, assuming those speakers in the back are also Sonos PLAY:X speakers. But with the CONNECT attached to the amp, powering your floor speakers, you'll be able to have all the speakers in sync while playing Sonos content. And I'd agree with connecting the TurnTable with a pre-amp to the CONNECT, rather than directly to the Amp. Makes in-sync speakers much easier.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your answer.
You are right on the spot with your assumptions about the setup.
And great to hear that we are aligned with the thought that this will work?