Question

Setting Up Sonos 5 with Connect as TV Sound

• 1 December 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge
I know that this has been covered before but doesnt seem to help in my case so appreciate any guidance. This is for my bedroom as i still have a stereo sound but my intention is to replace them with sonos. In my bedroom, i bought a connect, two Sonos 3 and 1 sonos 5.

I had connected the TV analogue out into the Connect, I then connected the analogue output to the sono 5. I also have the optical connected to my current soundbar only because nothing comes out from the sonos 5. i dont what i need to do. do i need to to the app to change the line in settings or something. This has gotten frustrating and expensive. the only solution is to buy another playbase which is too much for room with the sonos 5 and 3 in it. Even my living room is not too small for that combination. please help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

You have got this rather wrong i am afraid. The Connect is unnecessary. If you have analog out from the TV you just need a suitable cable straight to the P5.
Badge
hey john;
Thanks however there is still no sound coming out from the sonos. Plus in the app what should iput it as, in-line?
Yes. Line in. Best thing to do is to enable Autoplay.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/~/using-line-in-on-sonos
You probably ought to disconnect that optical too
Badge
soory john;
did what you told me...still no sound coming out of the sonos.
There may be a TV setting to use the audio out - if that really is an audio out. I suggest you try another device, such as a phone, in the line in. If that works then the problem is with the TV audio.
Badge
hey John;
thanks again. i did all this and although on the app. you see the line-in seem to be working but no sound coming out of the play 5. There was on occasion some interference echos but no TV sound. I can listen to music from my phone but nothing from the TV. I also connected the Line in to my ipad... no sound. Quick question: in the app, what do you choose as the line in source and the line in level?
The line in is the source. When playing your Play:5 'room' you select line in as the source under the Browse menu.

Just to confirm .. can you play your phone via the line in?
What I mean is, using the supplied 3.5mm jack cable, connect your phone or an ipod or whatever from headphone output to P:5 line in, and play some music as if you were listening through headphones