Answered

setting up beam and one play 1

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi i know nothing about audio equipment! I bought a Beam gen 2 from Costco and a used Sonos play 1. I didn’t realize it was not a Sonos One until after I bought it.  I’m trying to set up the beam and the play one with my TV but it doesn’t sound that good together. The bear sounds great alone but I was hoping adding a speaker behind where I’m sitting would help sound even better.  Help! What am doing wrong? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 November 2022, 04:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

When you group a Sonos speaker with the Beam, you will experience a slight audio delay from the grouped speaker when playing TV audio. Streaming music will be in sync though.

If you have two Play:1s, you can add them to the Beam as surround speakers. This will give you a more immersive experience especially when playing 5.1 audio.

Ok so I need to buy one more speaker? Should I get the One, One SL or the play 1? Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7

Ok so I need to buy one more speaker? Should I get the One, One SL or the play 1? Thank you for your help!

If you already have a Play:1, you need to get another Play:1. Or you could move the current Play:1 to another room and get a pair of One SLs to use as surrounds instead. FYI… all three models sound exactly the same.