Answered

Sanus tv mount for beam

• 6 March 2021
  • 6 replies

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sanus-tv-mount-beam.html. Will this mount work with an 85 inch Sony TV? I am concerned that because of the size of the TV, it will not extend down low enough so that the speaker will clear the bottom of the TV. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 March 2021, 17:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

According to Sanus, the mount works for up to 70” TVs: https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/wssbm1/

Not want I was hoping for, but thank you a whole bunch.You definitely saved me some time, as I would have not discovered this until I unmounted my current TV from its Sanus wall mount and figured out that the new sound bar accessory mount would not reach the bottom of the TV.

Does anyone know of a similar mount that can accommodate an 85” TV? 

Userlevel 7

Do you have to mount the Beam on the same mount as the TV? Are you opposed to mounting the Beam separately from the TV mount?

I don’t have to, but was hoping to. The Sanus mount used for all the TVs in my home is fully articulating, so I wanted the Beam to “follow” the TV - if the TV was pointed 45 degrees to the right, the Beam would also be pointed 45 degrees to the right as well. Since this will not work due to the 70” limitation on TV size, I decided go with the Sonos flush wall mount for the Beam, so it will be mounted an inch or two below the TV and flush to the wall. I thought it through, and the TV is typically pushed almost all the way in on the mount (couple of inches from the wall, and pointed straight ahead, so not being able to have it mounted and float with the TV will almost never affect us. I was just over analyzing this, as I tend to do with most projects for my home that I take on. Any chance you happen to know how much space between the bottom of the TV and the top of the Beam I should allow for? Thanks a whole bunch for your help. I really appreciate it.

Badge +17

Hey @Yehuda,

As detailed in our User Guide you should leave at least a 1” gap between the Beam and the TV when wall mounting so you can still access the touch controls.

Thanks @James L.