Answered

Samsung UN75J6500 and Sonos Arc stereo only?

• 26 April 2022
  • 3 replies

So, I’m moderately savvy enough to be able to figure a lot of this stuff out, but sometimes I simply miss things and wanted to see if I could figure out some help with a handful of things. 

I have a Samsung TV with regular arc, just had my Sonos Arc delivered and with a little trouble initially, got it set up. Everything now looks and sounds great, but when I went to snag some of the One SL speakers to optimize my living room, I’ve run into some snags. 

Originally I was getting Stereo only, but with a lot of messing around, got a semblance of surround which I’m not sure is actual surround, but just a mirrored signal from  the surround speakers.

I’m using an HDMI switcher to try to keep a slew of systems and units set up, which I have bypassed as a troublesome middleman and have, at this point, tried connecting my Xbox Series X directly to the TV, with the arc in HDMI port 3 going to the Sonos bar itself. With music, speakers work just fine, no delay, but the rear speakers certainly provide enough of a delay to be a massive distraction from any movie or game being played. Again, running through the Splitter or directly from the Xbox itself has not resolved this. The TV itself only has a small handful of audio options, which I’ve tried all of pretty extensively in different combinations.

I had some extra junk laying around, including a little arc pass through device that splits the audio signal and goes directly to the Soundbar without having anything to do with the audio - same thing. 

Am I missing something? I know the Nintendo Switch doesn’t really work with surround on this setup which is a massive bummer, but I’ve heard potential updates may fix that. Biggest thing is that for this home theater setup, these rear speakers would be awesome, but it sounds like I may just have to take them back as it’s gonna be way more disruptive than enjoyable. :/

icon

Best answer by Birdgas 26 April 2022, 18:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you add the One SLs as surrounds to the Arc in the Sonos app or are they just grouped with the Arc?

FYI… when TV audio is playing through the Arc, you can see what audio format is currently playing on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app:

Surround speakers shouldn't be playing the same audio as the fronts so as to sense a delay.  Only grouped speakers would show those symptoms.  It does appear the speakers were not set up as surrounds.  See the link below on how to configure surrounds. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2927?language=en_US

So, it looks like I may have resolved it. On the TV part of the app, it was showing as DTS 5.1, so that’s where I was confused, but after restarting and reinstalling the speakers three times, it seems to work now. After some adjustments, it seems like all is well, but not sure why it took so many tries to get it to sort itself out. But, all’s well that ends well, and now movies and games are sounding terrific!

thanks for taking the time to provide any feedback and help at all!