Question

Samsung UE55HU8500T (55" 4K curved TV) - issues with playbase connected to devices via HDMI

I have the above TV connected via optical out to a playbase and sub. The sound when used for music via the Sonos app is fab, as is the TV sound through the Playbase BUT I have a freesat box and an Apple TV box connected to the TV via HDMI sockets into the "One Connect" hub that these TV's come with and the sound through these is rubbish. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi MrCrispi

Welcome to the community!

Could you submit a Diagnostic whilst you are playing from the sources connected to the "one connect box" and one when you are playing from the TV source that does sound good, so we can compare. In the Sonos app, if you go to "settings" -> "about my system" and scroll to the room with the PLAYBASE you'll see a value for "Audio In :" this will show you the format of the audio that the PLAYBASE is receiving, if it show's stereo or PCM, then the HDMI audio outputs settings on the Apple TV and Freesat box, need to be changed to output Dolby Digital over HDMI.

The "One Connect Hub"should pass through the Dolby Digital Signal.

Do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks
Hi Matt; thanks and done. Freesat ref: 7384306 Apple ref: 7384310 Tv ref: 7384312. Both apple and freesat are via one connect and tv is straight from tv aerial