Question

Samsung TV reverts to internal speakers when I turn it on

• 11 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I recently bought Sonos Arc sound bar and I absolutely love it. I am, however, having an issue in getting my TV to talk to it. When I turn my 2015 Samsung TV UA65JS9000WXXY on, it reverts back to internal speakers. I cannot then change sound output to Arc due to AnyNet+ connection error. Sonos app says it encountered connection issue. My initial workaround was to disconnect every HDMI input cables from Samsung One Connect box to get TV to talk to Arc. Then I figured if I turn my IPTV box on, it ‘unmutes’ Sonos Arc and I then start getting sound through it. I have to do this every time even if I want to use internal apps like Netflix. Although this turnaround works, it is very frustrating every single time. I am not quite sure if there is a bug in TV’s software. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have the exact opposite problem with my Beam and a SAMSUNG TV. Mine refuses to use any other output, if the Beam is connected via HDMI.