Answered

Samsung TV - Beam just stopped working

• 5 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

I have been using my Beam on my Samsung TV for over a year and it has been great.  Now there is no sound coming from my Beam.  who I disconnect the HDMI Arc, the TV speakers start working.  when I connect the HDMI, it says that the Beam has been successfully connected.   None of my other HDMI ports have anything connected to them...only the Beam.   Any help would be great. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 September 2023, 19:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hopefully the TV/soundbar is not set to ‘0’, or muted.

Anyhow, I would perhaps first try powering the TV and Beam off for a few minutes and re-seating/swapping its HDMI cable and see if that solves the issue. If no joy with those things, then just see what happens when you switch the TV Sound-Out settings to either ‘Dolby Digital’ or ‘PCM Stereo’ and ensured AnyNet+ (CEC) is enabled on the TV.

As discussed in the many other threads like this, Samsung released a faulty update to their TVs last week. There is some suggestion to switch to LPCM, some to Dolby Digital, but your best bet ultimately is to contact Samsung directly.