Samsung TV Audio Drop Out

• 11 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
My older Samsung UN65H7150 tv randomly drops audio to my 5.1 Playbar, Sub & 2 Ones via optical out.

My Setup:
TV: Samsung UN65H7150
Media Player: Nvidia Shield TV via Arc HDMI

I tried an HDMI Extractor from Best Buy (Insignia- NS-HZ340) but could not get audio from the HDMI ports to the extractor. I had to connect the extractor from the Nvidia Shield TV then grab the optical from there but I feel like the sound quality doesn't sound as good as when i'm connected directly to the tv's optical. Spent hours reading through the forums here & haven't found a good solution. Any help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
*Update

I had messed around with some of my TV's developer options to try to get the audio drops outs to stop & this affected the sound. I was able to reset the TV back to factory settings & was able to obtain quality Dolby Digital utilizing the HDMI extractor.
Badge
This TV only outputs PCM or Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital is only available when playing media with Dolby Digital if not it automatically reverts to PCM.
A digital signal can’t be of varying qualities, it’s either there, or not.

I would suspect that the issue you are dealing with is a variability in the type of signal. Take a look at all of the audio settings, for every device, and make sure they are all set to be Dolby Digital. Not Dolby Digital Plus, not DTS, not PCM.