samsung QN85Q60T dolby atmos not working with sonos

• 26 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Recently purchased Sonos arc/sub/2 one SLs paired with samsung QN85Q60T. Dolby atmos reflects for Netflix movie (El Camino) & Prime (Jack Ryan). However, all other shows/movies do not display Dolby atmos? Further, movies on Disney +, Apple TV, HBO max (justice league) which supposedly supports DA, Sonos app only displays Dolby 5.1?! 

anyone experiencing the same? Is it related to Samsung TVs? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I think Jack Ryan on Prime is about all I see with Atmos audio - there’s no content there, it is mostly DD 5.1. Well at least that’s the case for me in the U.K.

Netflix needs two things besides the Hardware to play Atmos audio… their App that supports Atmos (it’s not rolled out to every device/region, I suspect), but perhaps more importantly, it needs a user-subscription to their premium service. Netflix has a lot more Movies/Shows with Amos and those that do, are shown in the App. One example of a Movie that has atmos is “6 Underground”.

Disney+ again needs their App that supports Atmos - try the 2020 movie “Mulan” I know that has Atmos on my App.

If you can get Atmos from a single movie/show in a chosen App on the TV, then you know all is well.