I realize that there are several threads similar to this, but none towards this exact European Samsung-model.
I bought the Sonos Arc surround package a couple of weeks ago. Spent a lot of time trying to sync the audio with my LG 65” OLED B7V, but there was just no chance.
Decided to purchase the new Samsung QE65QN95AATXXC hoping this would be a good match. At first it seemed to work perfect. But all of a sudden the sound cutting happend.
Been in contact with both Sonos and Samsung supprt today. Neither could or were very willing to help.
- Sonos says it is a Samsung issue, and that they resolved it with firmware 1462.1, and that I had to contact Samsung for further assistance.
- Samsung said they didn’t know about a specific issue with this model and that there were no patches in their system to help me.
- Sonos Arc connected to Samsung OneConnect HDMI 3 (eARC) with Sonos HDMI-cable
- Nvidia Shield connected to Samsung OneConnect HDMI1 with new 8K HDMI 2.1 cable
- eARC on Samsung = Auto
- HDMI Input Signal Plus = ON @ HDMI 1 and 3\
- Audio setting: Passthrough
- Sonos app i reprorting Dolby Atmos both with Passthrough/Auto. But there is a lip sync issue with Auto.
- Sonos: 13.0.4 (newest)
- Samsung TV: 1057 (newest)
- Sometimes the audio cuts out several times within a very short period of time. Sometimes it seems to be when there is a huge action scene which could make us think it is a bandwith issue. But the next time this happens it might be during a quiet talking scene.
- Mostly it cuts out at an interval of approx. 10 minutes.
- Each sound cut/drop is 2-3 seconds
- Power cycling the TV/Arc/Shield does not affect anything. Neither does toggling settings.
- When switching from Passthrough to Auto, the audio goes slightly out of sync.
- When in AUTO-mode it seems like the drops are not happening, but sometimes there is a “cracking” sound in what is presented from the Sonos Arc. Maybe this corresponds with when the audio would cut out if in Passthrough mode?
Is there any hope for us?