Answered

Samsung Frame TV and Sonos audio

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Userlevel 7

@CarsonPlower @Airgetlam 

I guess the “Ah’s” have decided :smile:

Hey @CarsonPlower did you end up going forward with the tv and have any feedback? I’m considering the 2020 75”. Thanks!

Hello, i juste baught a Frame 2020. I have a play-back.

i understand that i have to use the optical cable, but i understand that i won't be able to  change volume with the remonte control.

question : does anyone try to reduce volume of the sonos/tv by asking Alexa to do it ?

Userlevel 1

I too am having e-arc audio issues with a Samsung 2020 55 inch Frame TV and the Sonos Arc, I would advise everyone thinking of purchasing a sonos ARC sound bar  not to waste their money, as it has been months of nightmare technical issues and a complete waste of money buying the Arc. If you purchase a sound bar you expect it to work with any TV capable of outputting sound via the e-arc function, especially a NEW model TV.  And the poor excuse from Sonos that they are aware of the issue is not good enough. They either need to fix the issue with Samsung compatibility immediately (THE ISSUE HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS AND GETTING WORSE) or withdraw the Arc from sale and issue refunds to all customer that have purchased the product that is basically not fit for purpose. I will be contacting trading standards if they do not replace the unit for a working model or fix the issue within the next few weeks, since the last Samsung firmware update, the issues have got even worse, and the arc is even more unstable. Sonos need to be working harder than they are to fix the incompatibly problems they have with using the Arc with a Samsung TV , but not stalling and making excuses. The Sound Bar is faulty whilst the incompatibility issue is causing the problems. SO FIX YOUR FAULTY SOUND BAR BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR CUTOMERS. (I have  been a customer of Sonos since they started nearly 20 years ago, But I will NEVER buy another Sonos product if they dot not sort this issue ASAP)

Userlevel 1

Hello - I recognize there’s been some discussion about this here, but not recently. I am favoring the purchase of a 2020 Samsung Frame TV. But, have seen quite a bit of discussion about audio / sync issues with this particular TV (and other Samsungs). I am wondering if there are any folks who can cite clean, issue-free audio using a playbar The Samsung frame. Thanks in advance!

I don’t have a Frame, but have never had any sync issues between my Playbar and Samsung TV.

If you have a Frame TV 2020 Model, DO NOT BUY A Sonos Arc SOUNDBAR, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. AND SONOS SEEM TO DO NOTHING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APART FROM PLACING THE BLAME ON SAMSUNG

If you have a Frame TV 2020 Model, DO NOT BUY A Sonos Arc SOUNDBAR, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. AND SONOS SEEM TO DO NOTHING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APART FROM PLACING THE BLAME ON SAMSUNG

Not entirely true. I have a Samsung The Frame and a Sonos. I have had a couple of times where sound would cut out but only twice and the rest of the time they have worked fine together. It’s definitely not 100% reliable but I was able to restore sound pretty quickly in both instances. 

In my case the problem does look like a Samsung issue. The sound output toggles between e-Arc and plain HDMI. I don’t know what the Sonos would be doing to cause that to happen since that is a setting on the Samsung. Hopefully they will figure it out. For now, it’s working and if it does get worse you can bet I’ll be on Sonos and Samsung like stink on poop. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello - I recognize there’s been some discussion about this here, but not recently. I am favoring the purchase of a 2020 Samsung Frame TV. But, have seen quite a bit of discussion about audio / sync issues with this particular TV (and other Samsungs). I am wondering if there are any folks who can cite clean, issue-free audio using a playbar The Samsung frame. Thanks in advance!

But you lose Atmos. That’s part the reason for why I bought the product—eArc and Atmos. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Can confirm, there is a Dolby Digital (DD) audio delay on the 2020 Samsung Frame.

Built in apps = fine

Virgin Media box in standard stereo (or PCM) = Fine

Virgin Media box playing a channel with DD = Problematic

I assume there is some issue going on with the One Connect box on the TV. 

Terribly frustrating.

agreed - must be extremely frustrating. Please keep us posted as to any solves you discover. 

Userlevel 1

Not entirely true. I have a Samsung The Frame and a Sonos. I have had a couple of times where sound would cut out but only twice and the rest of the time they have worked fine together. It’s definitely not 100% reliable but I was able to restore sound pretty quickly in both instances. 

In my case the problem does look like a Samsung issue. The sound output toggles between e-Arc and plain HDMI. I don’t know what the Sonos would be doing to cause that to happen since that is a setting on the Samsung. Hopefully they will figure it out. For now, it’s working and if it does get worse you can bet I’ll be on Sonos and Samsung like stink on poop. 

If I was you I would get in touch now, as it will get worse, my problems are getting more frequent, The fact that both Sonos and Samsung know of the issue and have known for months, but have still not rectified the problem is the most concerning. Sonos only tell customers after the purchase and after you experience problems with the e-arc incompatibility this  is a breach of trading standards . They need to work with Samsung to fix this issue of take the arc of sale until the issue is repaired . I have had to inform Sonos I want my issue escalated as every time I contact them I am fobbed off with excuses  and get knowwhere with them  to rectify if problem . 

6 months ago, I purchased the Samsung Frame 65 and had the exact EARC issues listed above.  Last week I purchased the 75 inch Frame and the EARC works right out of the box.  It automatically recognized and connected the arc as well.  Both are 2020 models, not sure what has changed.  The 65 inch still has the issue.  Pic below shows EARC enabled and yes I can hear the awesome sound.

I just hooked up a new Sonos Beam to a 2020 Samsung Frame TV with no problem. The Frame connects to the One Connect Box via a One Connect cable included with the TV. The Sonos Beam connects to the One Connect Box using the included usb cable. Sonos also includes an optical connector for the end of the USB so it can plug into the optical connection on the One Connect box so audio goes out the one connect box to the Sonos beam. Works fine with no lag. Only thing I haven’t set up yet is to use Samsung remote to change volume of Sonos. Right now I use the Sonos app. I was worried after reading all these comments but the new Sonos and Samsung work fine together. Whew. 

Badge +1

Can confirm, there is a Dolby Digital (DD) audio delay on the 2020 Samsung Frame.

Built in apps = fine

Virgin Media box in standard stereo (or PCM) = Fine

Virgin Media box playing a channel with DD = Problematic

I assume there is some issue going on with the One Connect box on the TV. 

Terribly frustrating.