Answered

Samsung Blue Ray DVD Sound System

• 22 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I just purchased the Sonos Beam.

I have a Samsung Curved 65” TV connected with 1 Cable to the Samsung One Connect box (BN91-14846E). So from the TV to the Samsung  One Connection box where all HDMI’s connections such as the AT&T DirecTv receiver.and the HT-D5300 Sound system are all interconnected.

Before purchasing the Sonos Beam, my sound came from the Samsung HT-D5300 5.1 Channel Blue-ray home theater system. 

With new Sonos Beam, I get sound from the TV show we are watching including Netflix/Amazon Prime etc. via Sonos Beam except when I play a movie from the HT-D5300 blue ray/DVD player.  I have 1 HDMI cable from that sound system to the Samsung All-In-One-Connect. I even connected an Infra-Red cable from that HT-D5300 Sound system to the AT&T Infra-Red but no sound while trying to play the blue ray/DVD player.  I have connected the Sonos Beam directly to the HT-D5300 sound system Infra-Red port but no sound while playing the DVD.

Any assistance to get sound from our HT-D5300 blue ray/DVD player would be great.

Thank you,

Faure-Goda’s

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 November 2021, 03:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you see video from the Blu-ray player on the TV?

Make sure Anynet+ is enabled on the TV and the Beam is connected to the HDMI ARC port on the One Connect box. The HT-D5300 should be connected from the HDMI Out port on the player to one of the other HDMI ports on the One Connect box.

Under the audio settings on the HT-D5300, set HDMI Audio to ON. If you are ok with stereo audio, set Digital Output to PCM. If you want Dolby Digital or DTS Digital Surround audio, set Digital Output to one of the Bitstream settings instead of PCM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Some Samsungs TV's (especially models from 2018 and on) do not pass through DTS. Dolby Digital from the BD-player is probably your best bet. If that works you could try DTS.