Returning to music playback on Beam after TV audio

• 3 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I have been searching for this question/discussion on this forum but haven’t found it. What I have found is the opposite; going from music playback back to tv audio without restarting the tv. 

When I am listening to music on the Sonos or if the tv is already on and I am playing music, I will sometimes want to see or hear what’s going on on tv. If I switch the audio to tv or start the tv, the audio switches to tv and then when I want to continue listening to music, I have to start the playback from the beginning of the playlist, queue or radio. I find this rather annoying as I can never get to listen to any playlist to the end. I would like an option to continue music playback at the very point the switch was made to tv audio. It should behave as if I paused the music and then resumed playing it. 

Does anyone know how to achieve this or am I the only one that wants this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It’s not just you, I’d like to know this too… installed Beam yesterday and expected that after I’m done with TV I might be able to resume the queue just by pressing play/pause button on the unit, but this doesn’t do anything. 

Not found a way to solve this problem but I have an expensive workaround.

I purchased a standalone Sonos One SL about a week ago, and I set it up on the Sonos app to be in a different room from the Beam. So this SL kind of serves as the memory for my music playback; I start playing music from the SL room and add the Beam room to it. If I then start the tv, the tv takes over the Beam audio while the SL continues playing the music. I can then pause the SL and watch tv, and when I want to continue my playlist I continue playing the paused playlist on the SL and share the music to the Beam. 

It’s a workaround, but I frankly shouldn’t have to do this to achieve the what I want. 

This is really basic functionality. Why isn’t this part of Sonos already? Why do we have to restart a playlist or podcast from the beginning after watching TV?

+1 request for this function. Please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @oyelaking 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for your suggestion - I’ll be sure to pass this idea on to the relevant team for consideration.