Answered

replacing my sonos ones with era 300 for my surround

• 31 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello I have the arc. Mini sub and two Sonos ones . The ones are on the wall at the rear however my sofa is against the wall as well. I have no way of placing them behind me. 
if I replace the ones with the era’s would they still work not being behind me?

they would be placed on stands right in the rear corner of the room. 
mid this would still work how should they face ? Into the room or at 45deg into the room or turned to face me on the sofa.

also I have never had great success with atmos movies with the arc and ones I would hope the eras would fix this.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 April 2023, 14:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mrcgibb 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Perhaps you could provide a picture of where you’ll be sitting, to give us a better idea of your speaker arrangements?

Rear speakers should definitely be placed behind the listeners head, however - if this is not possible, anything else is definitely a compromise, unfortunately. And Era 300s should be placed squarely, pointing towards the wall the TV is against, and not angled to point either at the TV, or at the listening position.

Perhaps the best option would be to buy them and try them - as you are in Europe, you will get 100 days to try things out and get a full refund if you are not satisfied - assuming you buy direct from our online store. We will even cover the shipping costs of the return for you, should you decide not to keep them.

Please bear in mind that the Era 300s need space around them to work effectively - they will not be as effective on a bookshelf, for example, where they would be somewhat enclosed. Full guidance can be found in the Era 300 product guide.

I hope this helps.

Badge

I have just went from Ones to ERA 300s as surrounds. The difference is definitely material, and my setup with the Arc+ones+sub with Atmos was already good.

Note that it seems many people are trying to play compressed quality tracks to compare, try it with proper sources (e.g. TrueHD based Atmos). It is stunning.