Answered

Remote volume not working with new samsung TV

• 16 June 2022
  • 7 replies

I recently bought a new Samsung QN95B smart TV. I have connected it to my S11 Sonos playbase with the optical cable. I am trying to get the volume on the playbase to work with the new Samsung remote. Iโ€™m having no luck. The playbase volume does not seem to work with the Samsung remote. I can only operate sonos volume via sonos app on my phone.ย 

ย 

Any ideas on how to get Samsung remote to operate volume on sonos playbase?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 June 2022, 12:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you attempted the Remote Control Setup under the Playbase room settings?

Yes. Playbase doesnโ€™t recognise Samsung remoteย 

You have tried the instructions here? My guess is, as the PLAYBASE requires IR, your remote is not currently emitting it, since it is a โ€˜smartโ€™ TV.ย 

Hi - yes I have tried this. The new TV is a 2022 model. I donโ€™t believe the remote is a Samsung one as it looks different. Also the steps in the link you suggested donโ€™t match what I have on my TV ie I canโ€™t follow the steps because it must be different on 2022 model

Hi - yes I have tried this. The new TV is a 2022 model. I donโ€™t believe the remote is a Samsung one as it looks different. Also the steps in the link you suggested donโ€™t match what I have on my TV ie I canโ€™t follow the steps because it must be different on 2022 model

You may need to speak to Samsung Support to see if there is a way for their โ€˜remoteโ€™ to universally control infrared connected TV devices. They may be able to talk you through the steps required. If not then you can use any separate IR โ€˜remoteโ€™ to control the volume - which isย perhaps easier than having to always open the mobile Sonos App. In some cases, users use their connected cable TV remote instead, but it depends on whatโ€™s available with the TV setup you have.

I got it to work. Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I got it to work. Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

How? Just in case anyone else encounters the issue with the same TV,ย it would be helpful to refer them back to this thread.. thanks๐Ÿ‘