Answered

Remote configuration issue and reading text from screen

• 6 August 2018
  • 1 reply

2 issues I’m having- Sonos beam and cable remote are apparently paired but remote isn’t working to control sound. TV is a Samsung smart TV thats brand new.

Other issue is while the sound is great, when I scroll through the menu of the smart TV, the speaker recites what is listed on screen. This does not happen when I change channels or on the Verizon Fios guide- only when I use the smart TV remote to scroll through smart tv menu- very odd and distracting.

Please help!
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 6 August 2018, 15:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

2 issues I’m having- Sonos beam and cable remote are apparently paired but remote isn’t working to control sound. TV is a Samsung smart TV thats brand new.

Is your Beam connected to the TV through the HDMI-ARC connection? If so the remote can control volume in two ways. The first way is through the ARC connection. From my experience with A Samsung TV, that only works when the TV source is set to Sonos...which really isn't useful. The other way is to setup so the Beam acknowledges the IR commands from the remote directly without the TV as a go-between. The setup for this is listed separately from the TV setup. If you haven't done this setup yet, that's probably the issue.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3402?language=en_US

note: If your remote is not IR, then a different configuration will be required. Not sure what model Samsung you have or what remote it came with.

Other issue is while the sound is great, when I scroll through the menu of the smart TV, the speaker recites what is listed on screen. This does not happen when I change channels or on the Verizon Fios guide- only when I use the smart TV remote to scroll through smart tv menu- very odd and distracting.

Please help!

This sounds like a setting on your TV specifically, not really Sonos. I would look at the TV settings to see if I can turn this off, probably under Accessibility or something similar.