Answered

Rear Surrounds: Sonos One vs Sonos Architectural In-Wall

• 20 March 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I understand that the Sonos’s official Atmos home theater setup would be Arc + Sub + One x 2, and One x2 act as the Rear Surrounds, but I do like the visual affect of hiding the Rear Surrounds inside the wall as Sonos Architectural by Sonance In-Wall Speaker can provide.

But I am not sure in terms of sound quality as the Rear Surrounds and integration with entire Sonos sound system, would the In-Wall Speakers + Amp at the same level of Sonos One? Any Cons of replacing One with In-Wall Speakers?

Appreciate your kind advice in advance!

icon

Best answer by buzz 20 March 2022, 17:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

ARC supports two surround speakers, not four. The rear surround Architectural speakers would need to be driven with a SONOS AMP.

Visually and sonically only you know what is “best”. One consideration is the placement of the rear speakers. If they are too close the listener, listener location relative to the rears becomes more significant. For example, if ONE’s are placed on tables immediately adjacent to each end of a sofa, only the person sitting in the center would experience balanced audio. For a person seated at an end, the nearby speaker would dominate. Wall or ceiling mounted surrounds might be more appropriate in this case.