Skip to main content

So I have my PS5 set to sound bar and dolby bitstream, but neither the 4k discs/streaming services apps such as appletv are showing the dolby symbol in the sonos app, when things are playing. My Series X is showing Dolby Atmos though with disc and streaming apps.  Is it just not supported by PS5?

Googled it.  Looks like PS5 supports Atmos through discs, but not in gaming or streaming apps.  If you are still not getting atmos through the PS5, it could be a problem with the HDMI cable used or the HDMI port on your TV.  Some TVs support different versions on different ports.  Easy to test, just remove the plug from the xbox and plug to PS5.

Actually,i tried the port the series x is hooked to  and played a 4k disc and still no dolby sign showing on sonos app with PS5. So what you googled, I dont think is accurate. Least its not with my CX.

Okay, so I figured out 4K discs.  You pause the movie and click the 3 dots and change this setting from Linear PCM to Bitstream when you first try a 4K Disc and now it shows atmos for at least disc.  It seems appletv for digital streaming is not showing dolby at all on the Sonos App.  So I am guessing the Arc w/ PS5 can’t code digital streaming content?  Any Sonos employees that can chime in?

You’ve proven that the Arc works, it sounds like the issue is in the PS5 not sending an appropriate signal. Or am I misunderstanding your comments?

Arc works with 4K Blu Ray disc once you adjust the setting in the movie.  But any digital platform where you stream stuff with internet the PS5 wont pick up dolby.  I think its a Sony issue with coding.

So is anyone’s PS5 showing Dolby Atmos on their Sonos setup?  I have an Arc, Sub and two surround play 1s.  Right now in the Sonos app it says the output to the Arc is Multichannel PCM 5.1. No matter what setting I try in the Audio settings of the PS5 it will never say Dolby Atmos in the Sonos app.  Any ideas??

So is anyone’s PS5 showing Dolby Atmos on their Sonos setup?  I have an Arc, Sub and two surround play 1s.  Right now in the Sonos app it says the output to the Arc is Multichannel PCM 5.1. No matter what setting I try in the Audio settings of the PS5 it will never say Dolby Atmos in the Sonos app.  Any ideas??

It only works with discs go into the movie settings and make sure audio format within the movie is set to bitstream. Also make sure bitstream dolby is set in audio in the ps5 settings. I get dolby atmos with disc on my sonos app. PS5 doesnt support dolby through streaming apps, only 4k discs. Series X supports both.

It only works with discs go into the movie settings and make sure audio format within the movie is set to bitstream. Also make sure bitstream dolby is set in audio in the ps5 settings. I get dolby atmos with disc on my sonos app. PS5 doesnt support dolby through streaming apps, only 4k discs. Series X supports both.

How do you set it within the actual movie?  All I see to select is Audio and then it is already on English Dolby Atmos by default. 

I just recently got my ps5 and I have changed all of the formats to Bitstream. However when I put in my 4k disc's it still isn't registering atmos. If I play a digital movie or from Netflix in the TV atmos registers in the app. My ps5 is connected through a 4k hdmi switch but I tried plugging it directly into the TV and nothing changed. Is there any step I may be missing?