Answered

PS4 only showing Multichannel PCM

• 26 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked multiple times but I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. I have a PS4 + OLED55BXPTA + ARC. 
 TV audio output is set to pass through and the PS4 is set to Bitstream (Dolby) but when Blu-ray audio plays, even if the track is 5.1, the app shows at as being Multichannel LPCM 7.1.

Is this normal? Or am I missing something? 

cheers 

Steve. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 May 2021, 15:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As I understand it, this is good. LPCM is uncompressed data, and you’re getting the 7.1 channels of data you want. 

As I understand it, this is good. LPCM is uncompressed data, and you’re getting the 7.1 channels of data you want. 

Haha, cheers. Yeah I’ve got no idea. Hmm I probably should do more research haha 

Userlevel 7

If you are playing a disc with a DTS-HD Master Audio or DTS:X soundtrack, multichannel PCM is good. But if it is a disc with a Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Atmos soundtrack, the Arc should not be playing as multichannel PCM but as Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Atmos.

What are your TV’s audio settings set to?

Read this article on how to correctly set up your PS4: https://developer.dolby.com/blog/enabling-dolby-bitstream-pass-through-on-playstation/