Answered

Problems connecting new Samsung TV to Sonos Connect

• 30 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I am trying to connect a new TV to my speakers. I am connecting the TV using an optical cable and a RCA converter that goes into the INPUT ports on my connect

I am getting some sounds but it keeps cutting thru my speakers but it keeps cutting off
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 November 2018, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It's possible that the amount of data being generated by the TV is having issues streaming across your network. I'd try setting the line-in to "compressed" and see if that resolves it, although I think it will also add some delay. At least there's no cost for testing.

What I'd actually recommend is instead purchasing the Sonos speaker(s) that are designed for TV use, rather than the CONNECT, which is a kludge solution. Take a look at the Beam, PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, and see if one of those might help resolve your particular issue. Additional money, of course...but they're designed for use with TVs, the CONNECT isn't.
is this setting on the sonos connect or the TV? I can't find anything on my TV
It's in the controller app for Sonos, under the line-in settings. You should see somewhere (I'm not at home to check) in that area the ability to switch the line-in data from "uncompressed" to "compressed".

From what I've seen of the Sonos folks around here, it seems to be connected in some way to the quality of the signal in your home. i.e. if there's a certain level of wifi interference, it can cause problems. Unfortunately, that "certain level" is indefinite in my mind. So perhaps it might be worth reading through the wifi interference FAQ for some tips that *might* help....

At the end of the day, though, it's probably best if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of having a dropout, and either post the number here, or call Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. And being on the phone probably gives them some additional access to things such as remote desktop that might help them see more information on your system.

i.e. my suggestion is a wild guess. 🙂
Thanks for the recommendation. I was able to change the compression settings. I don't have any more audio interruptions but now I do have a 2.5 sec delay. I don't think there is a way around this problem