Answered

Problem with switching between music and TV

• 9 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Just installed Sonos Arc, Sub, and 2 One SLs on Saturday for use with my Sony A8H. When I want to listen to a music app, the Sonos app warns that you will lose audio connection to the TV. I tried the switch and sure enough, I had to go back into the TVs settings to get my audio back. 

Is there a more seamless way to toggle back and forth without so much work involved?

I tried using my Firestick to listen to Amazon Music, but then the screen goes to sleep and it now does the same when I watch regular TV. That is a whole other disaster that I’ll need to address…

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 12 December 2020, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Djcr33.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

We need to verify if the TV Autoplay is ‘enabled’. The Sonos Home Theater product connected to the TV (via Optical or HDMI) will start playing TV audio when the TV is turned on and the Sonos product detects an audio signal. 

This feature is found within the Sonos app by navigating to:

Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report when it happens, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Badge

Thanks so much. It was set on Autoplay, but when I saw the message that the TV audio was being disconnected when I switched to music, I automatically thought that I needed to go to settings to get it back. I just tried listening to music and after shutting it down, I turned on  the TV and it worked just fine!

Thanks so much for setting me straight.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Djcr33.

Thanks for your response.

It’s nice to know that we were able to figure it out and I appreciate you letting us know about the experience.

I will now mark this thread as ‘Resolved’, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

You’re always welcome here in the community.

All the best!