Question

Powered splitter clips sound when second TV is turned on

• 4 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Here is the issue:  My primary TV is attached to the playbar via optical link and it then wirelessly linked to a sub and two play1 surround sound setup via wifi.  

Recently added a powered hdmi splitter directly to the output Of my DirectTv reciever to add a TV outside so that I can watch sports on both TVs simultaneously.  I have old school wired speakers outside connected to a sonos connect amp so I can take advantage of keeping the sound synced both inside and out.   When I turn on The outside tv and add the connect amp In the App to the playbar the sound starts to clip and is jittery...cuts out...but comes back rapidly.  

Any advice on solving the choppy sound while i run 2 tvs?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @60ranger 

I suspect the issue lies with your DirecTV. The DirecTV box is designed to supply one TV at a time and requires their proprietary 2nd tuner to send video to a 2nd TV.  In essence you are pirating the DirecTV signal :wink: . Then I could be wrong so I suggest you contact Sonos support for a definitive answer. I wouldn’t call DirecTV :laughing:

Cheers!

Thanks for the response AJ.  I don’t think that’s the issue since I have also swapped the input at the powered switch to my Firestick.  Same issues.  I also changed all of the HDMI cables and purchased a different powered splitter too. The sonos still cuts out.  It only happens when a second set of sonos speakers  are activated.   So, the beat goes on...