Answered

Positioning of the soundbar Arc.

• 2 December 2020
  • 1 reply

a greeting to all I wanted to buy the arc soundbar and connect it to my 48 inch tv unfortunately I have no space under the TV but I have a shelf just 10 cm above the TV. there are listening problems leaving it on otherwise as an option I could place it behind the TV but weigh it worse for the sound let me know thanks

icon

Best answer by Simon B 4 December 2020, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Prejus, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Regarding your question about the Sonos Arc placement. Arc requires a minimum of 5.5 inches on the front and sides of it, with at least 2 inches between the backside of Arc and the TV when in a tabletop orientation. If wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc. Also, Arc is designed to support tabletop and wall-mounted configurations. It cannot be wall-mounted above a TV as well because Arc has two up-firing speakers within it that sound best when positioned either on a tabletop, or wall-mounted below a TV. We can wait for recommendations and feedback from our other Sonos community users who may have the same configurations for further assistance. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.