Popping noise after swapping Playbar for Playbase

• 12 April 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a Tivo Romio, LG OLED TV and Playbar that work great together. I recently swapped over to the Playbase, and ever since, I get a feedback popping noise whenever I switch channels, and sometimes the audio just goes away altogether. If I switch my Tivo to PCM from DD, the issue goes away. Is there a beta firmware I can test to see if this is corrected, or do I need to just return the playbase and go back to my playbar?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi fonman99

Is the playbase connected directly to the TV?

If so could you connect it directly to the Tivo box and then see if the issue persists?

Also what is the model of the LG TV? and could you submit a Diagnostic and reply with the number, shortly after you hear the popping noise.

Many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I wonder if it is the playbase internal sub "popping", when it's signal it is receiving, stops abruptly. My HT powered sub does this same thing when I turn the PS4 off. PS4 Hdmi to tv, going through tv optical out to reviever.......
Userlevel 2
Badge
Can I ask if there is an improvement sound wise replacing your bar with the base

Was considering myself