Answered

Plex Atmos/TrueHD issue LG/Beam Gen 2.

• 29 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I’ve just bought Beam gen2 so I can stream in the highest audio quality. However, the Plex app on my 2019 Shield seems to be struggling a little. The Dolby Vision logo keeps appearing every so often as if the video has just started although the stream is fine and lag free. This never happened when playing the 5.1 audio stream. Can anyone in a similar position recommend a solution? I’m using an LG B1

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 January 2023, 17:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I’m ‘perhaps’ in a similar position to check this, in that I have Plex, a Shield TV 2019 and an LG C9 TV - what are you watching from Plex - I’ll see what I see here.

It’s only an issue with 4K Remux content encoded with 7.1 audio. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you confirm the following:

1/ You’ve connected the Beam to HDMI eARC port on your TV?

2/ Settings>Sound>Sound Out>Use Wired Speaker set to HDMI ARC?

3/ Settings>Sound>Advanced Settings>Dolby Atmos is set to ON

You may also need to experiment with the settings in Settings>Advanced Settings>Select HDMI Input Audio Format, Settings>Advanced Settings>Digital Sound Output, and Settings>Advanced Settings>eARC Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Strange that a soundbar would trigger a Dolby Vision logo…..

Hi

Can you confirm the following:

1/ You’ve connected the Beam to HDMI eARC port on your TV?

2/ Settings>Sound>Sound Out>Use Wired Speaker set to HDMI ARC?

3/ Settings>Sound>Advanced Settings>Dolby Atmos is set to ON

You may also need to experiment with the settings in Settings>Advanced Settings>Select HDMI Input Audio Format, Settings>Advanced Settings>Digital Sound Output, and Settings>Advanced Settings>eARC Support

I do receive the Atmos signal as confirmed by the app. However, the only issue I have is that the Dolby Vision logo keeps reappearing throughout the film. Tried with multiple files and same issue.

No such issue when playing Atmos content through something like Disney+ for example. It seems to be when it’s a particularly large file through Plex that there seems to be the issue. I’m using a high bandwidth HDMI cable so ruled that out as an issue. 

It’s only an issue with 4K Remux content encoded with 7.1 audio. 

Is this something that you have perhaps ripped/encoded with some software yourself - if so, maybe try a different (updated) App like, handbrake WinX DVD, VLC etc.

@Rob871,

Perhaps see if this link may assist you too:

https://androidtvnews.com/nvidia-shield-dolby-vision/

edit: Particularly note the comment: For example, the NVIDIA Shield supports Dolby Vision profiles 5 and 8, officially.