Answered

Playing sound from TV with ARC to other Sonos does not use WIFI?

• 2 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I often watch «Podcast» style youtube videos on my TV with ARC and I want to play the sound on all Sonos speakers. However it seems it uses direct connection when doing so rather than WIFI? Because a speaker (IKEA Symfonisk in this case) which is far from the ARC have big problems with the sound constantly skipping when doing so. All speakers have strong WIFI and no problems when using the App.

Is there anything I can do to make this work better?

icon

Best answer by ratty 3 January 2021, 13:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Presumably the Symfonisk is grouped with the Arc. 

Try increasing the Group Audio Delay in the Arc’s room settings.

Yes they are grouped together.

It did skip a little less with max delay but unfortunatly not good enough. Also the delay made it sounds terrible with echo all over. So if the ARC cant use the WIFI to distribute the sound I assume I cant use the TV to play those kind of videoes.

Userlevel 7

Does the audio skip when you play any TV audio through the Symfonisk speaker or does it just occur when you play YouTube videos?

Grouping will result in some delay for TV sound (other, music, sources will play in sync). From the “far from the ARC” comment I assumed it was in another room, out of direct earshot from the TV.