Question

Playing music with playbar and sub

• 2 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I just got a play bar and sub, when I play music on my cell phone, only the play bar is playing, the sub is not. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The playbar and sub is a surround type system. So all bass may not direct to the sub. I don't know if setting the room to full mode for music (in room settings) will help direct more to the sub.
Chris, what is the meaning of setting the room to full mode and how to do it?

Also, I will get 2 sonos one later, my goal is to have a surround system for playing music but not a home theater (no tv). Do you see any problem doing this?

Thank you for your suggestion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Under Sonos settings. Room settings for playbar. You have an advanced audio section to adjust sub level. It looks like without surrounds it won’t show you the full audio selection. When you have rear surrounds you can select full mode in here and then when playing tv they act as surrounds but when playing music he rears act as full stereo speakers.
Chris, thank you, i will try this when I get my sonos one.