Answered

playing audio on just one speaker in a surround set up

• 24 March 2021
  • 2 replies

New to the Sonos game. Currently have a beam and 2x ones in a surround set up in my living room. 

wondering if it is possible to play audio on just one of my ones in the set up individually? Or does it have to play in the full set up. 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 24 March 2021, 12:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

New to the Sonos game. Currently have a beam and 2x ones in a surround set up in my living room. 

wondering if it is possible to play audio on just one of my ones in the set up individually? Or does it have to play in the full set up. 

Hi

With a surround set-up, Sonos treat the whole group as a single Sonos Room and so it’s not possible to only have audio from one speaker without breaking the set-up.  If you are worried about the volume, you could select the Night setting in Settings for the Beam.

Thanks for your response. Not a deal breaker just was curious in the rare case I wanted to play Spotify or listen to radio on one of the ones as opposed to having the full set up playing audio. 😀