Playbase and Optimum Cablevision

• 20 September 2017
  • 4 replies

I recently bought a new TV , an LG OLED55C7P, and a playbase with two rear play 1 speakers. Everything works great with the TV's onboard Netflix, Amazon, and also my Xbox one. The problem is with my cable. I have optimum. When the Dolby setting is enabled on the cable box the lip sync is all over the place. When I switch the box audio setting off to "other" it becomes stereo instead of surround but the lip sync is fixed. Any suggestions? Cable company says it's the sonos but the lip sync is still an issue with the TVs internal speakers... I have tried the audio settings on the tv but I can't delay it enough. Also I'm a sound designer so I understand frame rate and all that fun stuff.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If the issue still exists with the TV's internal speakers, then it's an issue with the Cable box. Get Optimum to come back out and look at it.
Exactly what I said this to them. They don't want to deal with it. I might try swapping cable boxes and seeing if that makes a difference
Heh. Cable companies are *so* much fun. Good luck!
Badge
Same issue with my LG OLEDB7 that's connected to an Optimum Cable HD set-top box. Lip-sync issues started when Beam was added.

Optimum say's talk to LG and Sonos. The Optimum tech also suggested I switch audio out to PCM. That appeared to fix the sync issue but I bought the Beam, in part, for Dolby Digital not stereo.

Sonos support acknowledges a history of audio delays between their soundbars and TV's manufactured by LG and Sony. Sonos support told me to contact LG.

Shouldn't Sonos be working with the TV manufacturers to solve this irritating problem?