Answered

Playbar Won't Stay Muted

• 11 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I often switch between using headphones with my TV/gaming systems, and using my Sonos Playbar surround setup to share a movie, so I like to keep my Playbar muted until I need it. However, after a recent update, my Playbar seems to automatically unmute whenever it gets a signal, and I have to remember to manually mute it (I sometimes forget and don't notice when I already have my headphines on, annoying my housemates). Is there any way to change the mute behavior back to what it was (staying muted)? I couldn't find anything in Settings. 😞
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 February 2018, 21:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Turn off "Auto-Play".
Thanks, that seems to do the trick! 🙂
I may have spoken too soon! Turning off Autoplay does prevent the Soundbar system from automatically un-muting itself, but it also doesn't seem to get any audio from the optical connection without that turned on. Do I have to do something else to make it default to optical audio without Autoplay turned on?
It gets the optical connection's audio if you go in to the controller app, select the PLAYBAR's room, and then select the input "TV"

But turning off "autoplay" is turning off all "default" selections. The system will stay on whatever "input" was playing last.
Unfortunately, it seems like the PLAYBAR keeps defaulting back to "No Music" after a period without optical signal. If I have "autoplay" off, I need to manually select "TV" from the Sonos app every time. The bummer was that this was all working fine with "autoplay" on until the latest update. Any other ideas to keep the "TV" source active?
This isn't an issue I deal with, since I switch my PLAYBAR manually to music, without having the TV on, and rely on autoplay to switch it back when I turn on the TV, so no, I don't have any additional thoughts to share, beyond a recommendation that you may want to call Sonos to discuss it.
Will do, thanks again for the help!