Answered

Playbar with S2

• 21 June 2020
  • 1 reply

So I’ve updated my Sonos speakers to work with the new S2 app. Once I did my playbar stopped working.

I’ve reset it and tried adding it back to my account with no luck. It will play audio but doesn’t ever get added back into the app. I tried adding it through the S1 and it said I need to use the S2 app.

When I try adding it back to my account it fails during the connection phase. Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Paul A 24 June 2020, 22:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @C.Smith.

Thanks for the immediate response.

I would like to recommend to try the following steps accordingly. (assuming Playbar has solid white light)

1. Connect Playbar to router via ethernet cable.
  2. Once ethernet cable is connected to both Playbar and router, connect Playbar to power.
  3. Wait for the Playbar to go solid white, Once solid white open Sonos app
  4. On the Sonos app, choose connect to existing system.
  5. once connected follow this guide to update wireless settings on the Sonos app.

If the Playbar is flashing green, that means the Playbar was factory reset and is ready to be set up.

Follow this guide on how to set up a new Sonos system ,choose sign in since you already have a Sonos account or add product on the Sonos app.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,